top of page

                                                                SHORT-TERM VISAS

                                                               For Business or Tourism

Up to 90 Days - NO VISA NEEDED:

Visa Waiver Program-VWP (ESTA) – Under this program, which is applicable to all countries of Western Europe, The Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Iceland, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Brunei, and Singapore, people who have passports of these countries can enter the United States for a maximum of three months without a visa.

NOTE: If you want to work or study in the United States, have been refused a visa before, or have a criminal record, you must first apply for a nonimmigrant visa

In order to travel without a visa on the VWP, you must have authorization through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to boarding a U.S. bound air or sea carrier.  This can be done online at:


B-1/B-2 Visa – This visa can be obtained directly from the U.S. Consulate in your home country. Click on the Consular website for your home country and follow the instructions that are given there.

This visa allows trips for business (B-1) or pleasure/tourism (B-2) purposes for up to six months per 12 month period, by passport holders of VWP countries or by passport holders for countries that do not fall under the Visa Waiver program.

Even though the visa is normally valid for ten years (may vary), the time period for which the visitor may remain in the United States is determined by the customs official at entry.  Business visitors, who may not engage in gainful employment on this visa, will be granted a period of entry no longer than that necessary to conduct their business. Tourists are mostly given a period of entry of six months although this may be shorter.

A B-1/B-2 Visa may be extended for a valid reason while the visa holder is in the United States.

Visas USA can assist you in the preparation and filing of the documents necessary for these visas.

Short-Term Visas: Quote
bottom of page