top of page


Committed to Excellence

Other Temporary, Nonimmigrant Visas

  • O-1 Extraordinary Ability Visa

  • P-1/P-2/P-3 Visa for Athletes and some Artists and Entertainers

  • F-1/M-1 Student Visa

  • J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa

  • K-1, K-3 Fiance(e) Visa


An O-1 Visa is reserved for applicants who possess an “extraordinary ability” in the arts, sciences, business, education or athletics.  Obtaining a O-1 Visa in any of these categories requires the O visa applicant to provide evidence of receipt of a major, international recognized award, such as the Nobel Prize, or provide at least three of six or eight forms of written evidence, each of which documents an accomplishment by the applicant that is unusual or substantially above the norm.  These visas are for people who are on the top of their fields of work and are coming temporarily to the United States to continue their work in their area of extraordinary ability.

  • O-1A Visa is for individuals with extraordinary ability in sciences, education, business or athletics;                

  • O-1B Visa is for individuals with extraordinary ability in the arts or extraordinary achievements in                   the motion picture or television industry;

  • O-2 Visa is for individuals who will accompany an O-1 artist or athlete to assist in a specific event or             performance, and whose assistance is an “integral part” or   “essential;” in the A-1 individual’s activity;

  • O-3 Visa is for spouses or children of O-1 or O-2 visa holders.                                                                                 

Initial period of stay:  up to three years.  Extensions are normally for one-year increments.


(also for some categories of Artists and Entertainers)

A P-1 Visa is for those coming to the U.S, temporarily to perform at a specific athletic competition as an athlete, individually or as part of a group or team, at an internationally recognized level of performance.  Individual athletes must have a level of achievement that is renowned, leading, or well-known in more than one country.  Teams must have achieved significant international recognition in the sport and the event(s) they participate in must require participation of athletic teams of international recognition.

  • P-1A Visa is for internationally recognized athletes;                                                                     

  • P-1S Visa is for support personnel, such as coaches;                                                                  

  • P-2 Visas for artists and entertainers applying under a reciprocal exchange program;        

  • P-3 Visas for artists and entertainers who apply under a program that is culturally unique;

  • P-4 Visas for Spouse and Children of P visa Holders.                                                                   

Individual Athlete: Initial Period of Stay not to exceed 5 years; Extensions are up to 5 years.  Total stay limited to 10 years.

Athletic Group: Initial Period of Stay: Time needed to complete event, maximum one year; Extensions:  Time needed to complete event, one year increments;

Essential Support Personnel:  Initial Period of Stay: Time needed to complete event, maximum one year; Extensions:  Time needed to complete event, one year up to five year increments; Total stay limited to 10 years.


Immigration Law provides for foreign nationals to study in the United States. They must attend a school that has been approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for such attendance. An approved school is one that has received permission from USCIS to enroll foreign students.

Schools can be public or private. They can be vocational or academic. They can be at any educational level from elementary school to university.

F-1 and F-2 Academic Student Visas

This visa is given to you based on the Form I-20 that is prepared for you by the educational institution that you will be attending. That institution must be approved by the USCIS. If it is not,

Visas USA can assist you to get the institution approved. The F-2 is for spouses and dependent children.

M-1 and M-2 Vocational Student Visa

This visa is like the F-1, except that the Form I-20 is only valid for a maximum of one year. It can, however, be extended. Visas USA can assist you to extend the visa while remaining in the U.S. The M-2 visa is for spouses and dependent children.


The Exchange Visitor (J-1) nonimmigrant visa category is for individuals approved to participate in work- and study-based exchange visitor programs.  The primary goals of the Exchange Visitor Program are to allow participants the opportunity to engage broadly with Americans, share their culture, strengthen their English language abilities, and learn new skills or build skills that will help them in future careers.

There are fifteen different categories of participants under the J-1 visa program.  These are:

Professors/Research Scholars; Short-term Scholars; Trainees (Professionals with a degree, professional certificate, or relevant work experience); Interns (College and university students or recent graduates); College and University Students; Teachers; Secondary School Students (live with an American host family or at an accredited boarding school); Specialists (Experts in a field of specialized knowledge); Physicians; Camp Counselors; Au Pairs (A young adult lives with a host family for 12 months and experiences U.S. culture while providing child care and taking courses); Summer Work Travel Program; Government Visitors; International Visitors (Reserved for State Department-sponsored and funded exchange participants).

The J-2 Visa is a non-immigrant visa issued by a consular official at a U.S. embassy or consulate for spouses and dependents (unmarried children under the age of 21) of J-1 exchange visitors who accompany or later join the J-1 holder in the United States.


This visa makes it possible for the foreign national fiancé(e) of an American citizen to live and work in the United States on a two-year provisional basis, which, if there are no impediments, may then be converted into permanent residency, or Green Card. There are two possibilities: the couple gets married in the United States, per K-1 visa or outside of the United States, per K-3 visa.

K-1 and K-2 Visas

This visa is subject to the following conditions:

  1. The future spouse who is the American citizen applies for a K-1 visa for the non-American fiancé(e), and a K-2 visa for his or her children. This can be done while both legally reside in the United States.

  2. Once the K-1 visa is approved, the visa must be picked up at the U.S. Consulate in the country of origin of the non-American fiancé(e).

  3. Upon coming back to the United States, the couple has 90 days to get married.                                              

  4. Once they are married, the non-American spouse may apply for permanent residency or Green Card.        Permanent residence will be granted on a conditional basis for a two-year period.

  5. During the 90-day period preceding the second anniversary of the date that the non-American spouse     was granted conditional permanent residence, a petition must be filed to remove the conditions of residence.

  6. Once this petition is approved, the non-American spouse will be granted lawful permanent residency.     

K-3 and K-4 Visas

The K-3 Visa is essentially the same as the K-1 Visa, except that the couple will be marrying outside of the United States. The foreign national spouse cannot enter the United States until he or she has received his or her K-3 visa from the U.S. Consulate in the country where the foreign national is a resident. The K-4 is for dependent children.

FREE Initial Consultation

Visas USA Prides Itself in Promptly Returning All Communications, So Don't Wait

Call 941-544-5761 NOW

Nonimmigrant Visas - Other Visas: About
bottom of page